A Victim's Perspective

 Since October, 2023, a conflict between Israel and Hamas-led Palestinian militant groups has been taking place chiefly in the Gaza Strip. The Gaza Strip is experiencing a humanitarian crisis as a result of the Israel–Hamas war. The crisis includes both a famine and a healthcare collapse. 

   I'm Pau, a 18-year-old teenager who lived in the war zone. My family is a small one with my parents, my brother and myself. We used to live a peaceful life, but actually Israel had already controlled many parts of Palestine even before the war. Luckily, my father got a job that could afford our family. Because of the restriction from Israel, I  did not have so many chances to get access to the Internet. Also, the water is also limited by Israel, and we always asked not waste any water.

   But since last year, worse things happened. With the attack from Israel, almost everything has stopped in my town. The company my father works in has shut down, and as a result, the family has no income since then, and the life has just become much harder. And the school has also stopped, and we are all asked to stay at home and watch out any attack. We can hear the gun fight and the alarm almost everyday, and I have not get asleep for a few days. The food we have in home decreased day by day and we may have nothing to eat in few months. I just hope the war can be stopped soon and Israel can leave us just a place to live.


The character was imaginary, and I have written fictionalized, first-person accounts from individuals connected with the war in Gaza.


https://interactive.aljazeera.com/aje/2024/israel-occupation-illustrated-guide/

4 comments:

  1. This is a very realistic and convincing perspective on the Gaza crisis. Please add a brief note to your preface explaining that you have written fictionalized, first-person accounts from individuals connected with the war in Gaza to help readers empathize with the parties involved and understand the issues better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, instead of just providing a link to the source (as links can become "dead links" at any time), it's important to cite the source in APA style using this site: https://www.scribbr.com/citation/generator .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This felt really real and my heart broke when i thought about how this is something that is really happening in the world and that a lot of people are suffering from losses of their loved ones. It really angers me to think about those innocent children and people who are being deprived of their normal lives and not being able to get something to eat or even a place to sleep in without being threatened. I will never know how some people can be so cruel over something so meaningless and deprive someone of their happiness just because they don't share the same belief or opinion. I hope someday, everyone can live without any fear or hatred towards one another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually never heard of the experience from war survivor, but recently I heard some KPOP idols are suffering trauma since they were involved in war. Because in many stages, fireworks suddenly happen, they get easily traumatized and watching those videos hurt my feelings. Since even though they experience wars when they were very little their bodies still remember the scariness of bombs.
    I also read your experience, and realized not only idols but more people are still experiencing though time even though it’s 2024 already. Having heard those stories help me to understand deeply the seriousness of wars that are happening. I hope everyone will also feel the same as me. AND I hope you are staying safe.

    ReplyDelete

Heal the World Project

    https://aoyamajp-my.sharepoint.com/:p:/g/personal/a1323089_aoyama_jp/EdjU-4kSEPFLvSEpw7u_Zd4BlvDGEmJ5baJi4mziS7luKQ?e=RvW87T   This is t...